Non Woven Spunbond Fabric is otherwise known as Spunlaid. It is manufactured in a continuous process in which the fibers used are spun at the beginning, and later with the help of a deflector, they are spread in the sheet. It is faster to manufacture polymer nonwovens as the technique results in speedier belt speeds and produces low-budget products.
The nonwoven materials are produced with the help of meltdown techniques and have lower inherent strength than the spunbond. That is the reason the melt-blown fabrics are mixed with the spun bond fabrics to make stronger and more tough nonwoven products through the technique of Spun-melt-spun, also known as SMS fabrics. These fabrics are made with waterproof polypropylene and can be used for use and throw purposes.
Differentiation between woven and nonwoven fabrics?
Rather than using yarn to produce woven materials, several other factors differentiate nonwoven fabrics from woven ones. Those few main differences between them are as follows:
- There are different types of yards, such as textured, novelty, and plain yards, which are essential to make any variations in the woven fabrics. In contrast, the distinctions in the material are made using different bonding methods and fibers in the case of nonwoven fabrics.
- Unless the fabric is thick by type, the woven fabrics cannot absorb shocks, but the nonwovens are shock resistant.
- Moreover, fabrics are made from yarns that need finishing. But, that is not the situation with nonwovens. They don’t need any weaving, finishing, or sewing.
- The thing that makes the nonwoven fabric unique from woven fabric is that it has high tear strength, whereas woven fabric can or cannot get easily torn; it depends on the fabric. However, the woven materials have less tear strength than nonwoven fabrics.
- Nonwoven fabrics are water-resistant and sound resistant, while wovens are not; therefore, it adds a point to the benefits of the nonwoven materials, making them the favorite of many.
Importance of Spunbond Nonwoven Fabrics
The nonwoven spunbond fabrics don’t need sewing or yards for their construction. The manufacturing process is easier than woven fabric; this leads to the product’s cost-effectiveness and durability. This makes them the best suitable option for people, furniture manufacturing organizations, fashion enterprises, healthcare, and sanitary producers.
There are a few reasons why the importance of Non Woven Spunbond Fabric has grown numerous over the years; they are as follows:
- Due to their high tear strength, they become more resilient than any other material. As they have great power, they are considered the most suitable option to be used as carrying bags.
- These fabrics are biodegradable, making them environmentally friendly, and these can be recycled for multiple uses.
- The fabric is layered, which makes them more long-lasting.
- Moreover, polypropylene nonwoven fabric is highly awful to liquids and has high stretchable strength and flexibility.
- The fast-production method makes them budget-friendly and ready to consume in case of various purposes for people.
- Compared to any other nonwoven material, the spunbond fabrics have great physical properties, making them a suitable pick.
These benefits show why the fabric industry forecasts a heavy increment in the market for Non Woven Spunbond Fabric. Still, many manufacturers and industries have switched to using nonwoven products and the advantages linked with their use.
Applications of Spunbond Nonwovens
Non Woven Spunbond Fabric can be used for several purposes: use and throw gloves, child diapers, disposable masks, house wraps, sanitary napkins, etc. The application of nonwovens fabrics is not only limited to the uses but also needs several other motives like:
- Several industries use the product for dumping purposes like masks, bandages, sanitary napkins, towels, wipes, disposable dresses, child diapers, carry bags, dust cloths, etc.
- With the help of the dewatering property of the fabrics, it is widely used for the closing of cement and concrete.
- As the nonwovens are long-lasting, they also have an important use in producing home furnishing products like drapes, upholstery, mattress paddings, table covers, chair covers, carpets, and household goods.
- The fabric is also used to make tea bags, gel bags, filtering products, and other similar products.
- The nonwoven fabric is also used for agricultural purposes such as covering crops, weed control fabrics, crop protecting fabric for crops, root covers, etc.
Therefore from all the applications of spunbond nonwoven materials, what makes them different is their environmental properties. In today’s times, when the world faces climatic changes at such a high rate, the industries must check their surroundings and adapt themselves to more sustainable ways of manufacturing their products.